Anybody in the same boat as me – waaaaaay behind on gift shopping? I figured you might appreciate a few unique, thoughtful ideas for your favorite entrepreneurs. I shared a few of these on WCCO Radio earlier today and thought I’d share ’em with you, too – all available for purchase from the comfort of your living room! Happy shopping….
1) The Limelight Letters: Gotta plug my own project, of course! You can get a gift certificate to The Limelight Letters, a weekly, year-round email created to help entrepreneurs find the tools + courage they need to get the love + attention they deserve. We’ll email you a printable gift certificate with a unique access code within 24 hours of your order; roll it up, frame it or forward the email to a friend who needs more of the world to know what he or she does!
2) Magazine Subscriptions: Give a magazine tailored for solopreneurs and small business owners. Inc. currently has a deal going: for $10, get one subscription for you AND one for your friend. Meanwhile, Entrepreneur costs less than $12 for a year of magazines. Or try the brand new magazine Where Women Create in Business, a new title from publisher extraordinaire Jo Packham, which launches January 1st (can’t wait to see it).
3) Coffee Shop Gift Card. Every entrepreneur spends countless hours (and countless dollars!) in coffee shops on laptops and in meetings. I’m always embarrassed come tax time when I have to add up all my coffee shop receipts – so a gift card is always welcome!
4) Tech Support. Every entrepreneur wishes for a computer angel to fix glitches and crashes at a moment’s notice. Give yours a support plan with GeekSquad. My plan just ran out and I’m kicking myself for not renewing – gotta do that!
5) Pampering. With tight budgets for our businesses, pampering usually winds up on the bottom of the list. A massage? A manicure? A facial? Sounds like heaven.
6) Cheer ‘Em On. Download and print this adorable RHYMING workbook from Michelle Ward, called Operation: Creative Career Cheer for $38. Bet you could even have it bound at Kinkos in a hurry!
7) Ebook for Mamapreneurs. I’m honored to be featured in this ebook, Zen & The Art of Being a Work-At-Home Mama by Amanda Oaks of Kind Over Matter. Once you order it, you’ll receive an email with download instructions that you can forward to your gift recipient. The suggested price is $25 – but you get to pay what you want for it. So great!
8) Spread the Word. One of the greatest gifts you can give an entrepreneur is tell others about their work. Purchase their art or services for friends. Post a link to their work on Facebook. Tell them how much you appreciate what they do and how they’re doing it. It means the world!
Got other ideas? Do tell! And thanks for supporting the creative, soulful, brave entrepreneurs in your midst!