Cancer Diagnosis — From a Fellow Warrior
What I’ve learned since my own breast cancer diagnosis in 2018 is that you can’t truly know what a difficult diagnosis is like until you’ve been in it yourself. It is so comforting to hear from and vent with others who’ve been there (or are in the middle of it, too) — but I couldn’t find a card specifically for patient peers to send to each other, so I made one! It acknowledges how hard it is to have your life upended, while also encouraging the recipient to believe good things are possible. I was very intentional about using the words “tame this beast” instead of “cure” or “heal” so that it is applicable to those with metastatic cancer or chronic conditions.
Note: $1 from each card sold goes to organizations devoted to funding much-needed research on metastatic and triple-negative breast cancers, and improving outcomes for women of color. This is highlighted on the back of the card.
- This listing is for one (1) 5x7 premium greeting card
- Professionally printed on art linen paper for sturdy, rich feel and vivid color
- Includes coordinating white envelope
- Packaged in a sealed cellophane envelope and shipped via USPS first-class
- $1 from each card sold goes to organizations devoted to funding research on metastatic and triple-negative breast cancers, and improving outcomes for women of color
- FRONT OF CARD: "From one warrior to another, I highly recommend crying, shouting, secretly Googling, loudly swearing and fully believing you can tame this beast."
- INSIDE CARD: "Wishing you well."